top of page

Utilities Assistance

Note: Some of the resources listed below are for people who reside in that specific county. If you do not see your county listed, please check with your country to see what resources they offer. You can also check Colorado's statewide database:

Century Link Lifeline Assistance Program

"Lifeline is the FCC's program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on monthly telephone service purchased from participating providers in the marketplace. Subscribers can also purchase discounted broadband from participating providers. The discounts, which can be applied to stand-alone broadband, bundled voice-broadband packages - either fixed or mobile - and stand-alone voice service - help ensure that low-income consumers can afford 21st-century broadband and the access it provides to jobs, education and opportunities. You can only use Lifeline for either phone or broadband, but not both. Lifeline discounts on voice services are available to participants of both state and federally recognized aid programs."

Standard Lifeline—provides federal monthly support of $9.25. In some states, additional monthly support is also available.

Safe Link Wireless 


"SAFELINK WIRELESS® is a program provided by TracFone Wireless, Inc. serving eligible households. To participate in the SAFELINK WIRELESS® service, certain eligibility requirements must be met, which are set by each State where the service is provided. These requirements are based on a person’s participation in state, Federal support programs, or by meeting the Income Poverty Guidelines as defined by the U.S. Government. SAFELINK WIRELESS® service is limited to one person per household.

SafeLink offers you a Smartphone or SIM Card along with free minutes, texts and data each month for qualified customers."!/newHome

Energy Outreach Colorado 


"Provides bill payment assistance to households across Colorado to help those who can’t afford their home energy costs. Payment assistance is provided through our network of assistance agencies. Assistance can be used once per year."

Weatherization Assistance

1580 Logan St, Suite 100

Denver, CO 80203



"In partnership with local agencies and the U.S. Department of Energy, the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) offers a free Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) to Colorado's low-income residents. WAP works to maximize energy cost savings for each client by providing them with cost-effective energy efficiency services. WAP services include a variety of measures that improve the energy efficiency of a home. These cost-effective services reduce wasted energy and lower costs while improving the overall comfort and safety of a home year-round."

· LED light bulb retrofits

· Air sealing

· Insulation in attic, floors and walls

· Furnace safety testing

· Furnace repair or replacement

· Refrigerator replacement

· Storm windows and doors

· Energy conservation information

· Solar photovoltaics


Emergency Eviction Assistance

"The Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance Program supports low- and moderate-income residents facing a crisis that could result in the loss of their home.

To qualify for the program, households must show a current financial or other housing crisis, such as a notice of rent increase that makes existing housing unaffordable, evidence of uninhabitable living conditions like a notice of public health violations, a past due notice, or loss of a job. Eligible households may earn up to 80 percent of area median income, which is up to $47,000 annually for an individual or $67,100 annually for a family of four.

Participants can receive up to six months of rental assistance of up to 80 percent of contracted rent, and/or up to two months of utility assistance not to exceed $1,000. All rental and utility assistance will be paid directly to the landlord/service provider."

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)

"LEAP is a federally funded program that can pay part of your heating costs. It is only active from November 1 to April 30 each year and can be used once per heating season."


  • You are a permanent legal resident of the United States or you have household members who are U.S. citizens

  • Your income is up to 60% of the state median income level

  • You pay home heating costs, either directly to an energy vendor/utility or to a landlord as part of rent

Cancer Coalition of Southwest Colorado

"The Cancer Coalition of Southwest Colorado, a volunteer group that raises funds and uses them to assist individuals in cancer treatment, will provide an annual grant of up to five hundred dollars ($500.00) for qualifying individuals with cancer. The Cancer Coalition Fund provides a financial grant for rent, household expenses, groceries, or other necessities to people with cancer. Funds are available for non-medical expenses only. Individuals may receive a grant one time (non-renewable). The applicant must reside in Southwestern Colorado in Archuleta, La Plata, or San Juan County or receive treatment at the Cancer Center in Durango. (Montezuma and Dolores Counties use a different organization; if you need this information, contact us)."


bottom of page